FINAL CLUB CHAMPS MEET
The final club champs Meet is scheduled for Tuesday the 18th of May.
It starts at 3:15 and finishes at 5:00PM, please arrange transport.
It is your last chance to accumulate points for the end of year awards. Trophies will be given out for the Most Improved Boy and Girl from each of the age groups. Age Group Champion Boy and Girl, and Mr/Ms Sailfish award. Record certificates will be presented. All swimmers will receive a Special Sailfish gift, and a certificate listing their results from this season.
This is also your final chance for this school to set a school record, your name will appear on the ISM Swimming Record Board for the whole of the next school year, it stays there year after year until the record is broken.
Club Champs EVENTS
You can pick your own events, but must follow these guidelines.
- please choose 5 Events.
- You must swim in all distance 25m-200m i.e: 1×25m, 1,50m, 1×100m, 1×200m – bonus event no restriction
- One event must be: 100IM, 200IM or 400IM.
- You must swim in all strokes. 1xBF, 1xBK, 1xBR, 1xFR, 1xIM
- An example: 50BK, 100BR,100IM, 25BF and 200FR
Once you have selected your events, please e-mail them to coach Andy or fill in the entry form that has been posted on the swimming pool notice board.
||Mixed 25 Backstroke
||Mixed 50 Backstroke
||Mixed 100 Backstroke
||Mixed 200 Backstroke
||Mixed 25 Breaststroke
||Mixed 50 Breaststroke
||Mixed 100 Breaststroke
||Mixed 200 Breaststroke
||Mixed 100 IM
||Mixed 200 IM
||Mixed 400 IM
||Mixed 25 Butterfly
||Mixed 50 Butterfly
||Mixed 100 Butterfly
||Mixed 200 Butterfly
||Mixed 25 Freestyle
||Mixed 50 Freestyle
||Mixed 100 Freestyle
||Mixed 200 Freestyle
New School Records set at
ISM Spring Swim Meet 2010 27-Feb-2010
Girls 8 & Under 200 IM
3:58.25 Ela Miralao
Girls 9-10 100 Back
1:42.77 Sidney Miralao
Girls 9-10 200 IM
3:25.68 Sidney Miralao
Boys 13-14 200 Back
2:32.28 Jung-Ho Kim
Girls 9-10 200 Medley Relay
3:08.07 M,Tumiwa, S.Peabody, S.Miralao, N.Gonzales
ISM AQUATHON 2010
Saturday 13th March
Presenting the Annual ISM Aquathon 2010
This is a Sailfish Swim Club Event, for all ISM and British School Manila (BSM) students, Parents and Teachers. An Aquathon is a continuous race that combines running and swimming. The race starts with a run, followed by a swim, and finishes with another run. Four different races are scheduled. Three individual races and one relay race. Participants are encouraged to enter the individual race then combined with another person and compete in the relay race as well. Please note, there is no extra cost for entering the relay!
The relay race is to be raced with two people, one as the designated runner and the other as the swimmer. The runner runs the first running leg, the swimmer swims the swim leg, and the runner runs the second run leg.
RACE 1 – MS Grades 7-8 – all High School and Adults – Start Time 8:00am
- Individual Event
- Run 600m Swim 400m Run 1400m
- Age Groups 13/14, 15-18, Adult
RACE 2 – ES Grades 3-4/MS Grades 5-6 – Start Time 8:30am
- Individual Event
- Run 300m Swim 300m Run 700m
- Age Groups Under 8, 9/10, 11/12
RACE 3 – ES Grades 1-2 – Start Time 9:00am
- Individual Event
- Run 150m Swim 200m Run 300m
- Age Groups 8 & Under
RACE 4 – Relay – Adult/Student, Adults/Adult, ISM Versus British School Teachers. – Start 9:30am
- Relay Event (2 people), One Runner, One Swimmer
- Run 600m Swim 800m Run 1400m
- Relay Divisions – Parent/Child, Adult/Adult, Student/Student, Teacher/Teacher
DOWN LOAD – ISM AQUATHON 2010 – Information/Entry Form
ENTRY DEADLINE COMING SOON
Swimmers please send an e-mail quickly to enter these meets.
Well done swimmers again you improved your times, Personal Best stickers will be ready for you this week at training, don’t forget to ask for it.
New School Swimming Records
100 Free Relay1:17.6 6-Feb-1 G.Miralao, A.Gooden, M.Tumiwa, S.Miralao
100 Medley Relay 1:28.6 6-Feb-1 A.Gooden, M.Tumiwa, S.Miralao, G.Miralao
General Meet Observations
- On starts don’t breath on your first stroke.
- On finishes don’t breath the last 5 strokes or 5m. Keep your head down and go as fast as you can.
- 100m races are sprints, kick hard all the way.
- We need lots of practice with our Backstroke Turns, most of you don’t know how many strokes you take from the flags to the wall, this is key to a good turn. Remember you don’t have to touch the wall with your hand, you are allowed one freestyle stroke then tumble turn. Make sure you push off on your back.
- Backstroke arms: one hand exits the water as the other one enters the water, they stay completely opposite one another. One does not catch up to the other.
- Breastroke pull outs, practice them on every start and turn at practice.
- Butterfly, you kick when your hands enter the water, then kick again when your hands exit the water.
- Butterfly, do not breath every stroke. One up one down,
- Turns in general, at traning turn properly every time, if you miss a turn, it a missed opportunity to practice and improve.
Click to open – ISM INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
Click to open – FULL MEET RESULTS
ISM SPRING SWIM MEET
Don’t forget our Invitational Meet on Saturday 27th of February.
Sailfish Parents we will be running a bake sale, more news on this coming out soon.
Entries now open, please e-mail or tick your name on the sign up sheet posted on the Notice Board near the Records Board at the Pool
No Fees for ISM swimmers
BRITISH SCHOOL MANILA SWIM MEET
Meet Information Summary:
When: Friday Afternoon 5th and all day Saturday 6th March.
Who: School teams from around China/Asia. Teams of all sizes welcome.
Age Groups: 8/U; 9/10; 11/12; 13/14; 15/O
Meet Entry Fee: 350P . No refund after entry. (After you enter your school account will be debited)
Deadline for ISM entries—5:00pm WEDNEDAY 24TH February.
- U8 SWIMMERS WILL BE ENTERED INTO Under 8 and 9-10 Events
Session 1 – Friday After School
- 101 Girls/Boys 9-10,11-12,13-14,15&O 400 Free
- 102 Girls/Boys 8&U 100 Free
- 103 Girls/Boys 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 200IM
- 104 Girls/Boys 8&U, 9-10, 11-12,13-14, 15&O 100IM
- *105 Mixed 275 – 11X25 relay 1 from each age group plus 1 coach Free Relay
Session 2 – Saturday Morning
- 201 Girls/Boys 8&U 25 Fly
- 202 Girls/boys 8&U, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 50 Fly
- 203 Girls/Boys 9-10, 10-11, 13-14, 15&O 100 Breast
- 204 Girls/Boys 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 200 Back
- 205 Girls/Boys 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 100 Free
- 206 Girls/Boys 8&U,9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 50 Breast
- 207 Mixed 8&U 2 GIRLS/2 BOYS 100 Medley Relay
- 208 Girls 9&O 200 Medley Relay
- 209 Boys 9&O 200 Medley Relay
Session 3 – Saturday Afternoon
- 301 Girls/Boys 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 200 Free
- 302 Girls/Boys 8&U, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 50 Back
- 303 Girls/Boys 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 100 Fly
- 304 Girls/Boys 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 200 Breast
- 305 Girls/Boys 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 100 Back
- 306 Girls/Boys 8&U, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15&O 50 Free
- 307 Mixed 8&U 2 GIRLS/2 BOYS 100 Medley Relay
- 308 Girls/ 9&O 200 Medley Relay
- 309 Boys 9&O 200 Medley Relay
Tuesday is your last chance to enter the Japanese School Meet, e-mail coach Andy by Tuesday 5pm.
Meet will be run in the morning of Saturday the 6th of February, you still be able to attend the ISM Family Day.
Well Done Swimmers lots of PB’s at the meet on Saturday. Thanks Coaches Zaldy and Kaight for taking our swimmers to the meet. Full results are available here:
New School Swimming Records
Girls 9-10 100 Free
1:24.17 Sidney Miralao at ISM Fall Meet 2009
1:21.58 ** Sidney Miralao at PRADA 2010
Boys 13-14 50 Back
32.80 Sung Kee Moon at ISM Spring Meet 2006
32.06 ** Jung-Ho Kim at PRADA 2010
Boys 13-14 50 Fly
30.80 Raymond Oo at 28th Brent Invitational Swim
30.34 ** Jung-Ho Kim at PRADA 2010
Boys 13-14 200 IM
2:31.99 Jung-Ho Kim at ISM Fall Meet 2009
2:28.22 ** Jung-Ho Kim at PRADA 2010
Girls 13-14 200 Free Relay
2:59.47 A.Lewis, T.Anaya, J.Lewis, K.Drury
2:48.31 ** International School Manila
A. Farid, S. Borja, I. Joo, S. Miralao